Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Santiago, Chile

This was my last day and night in South America. I had a flight out at 6am so I didn't do much. 

I caught a bus from Concon back to Viña del Mar then another bus from there which took just under two hours. I didn't actually arrive in Santiago until 2.30pm.

I went to a bar for a few beers before an early night for a 3.15 start the following morning. Just when I was thinking that this post, the last of the blog, was going to be really boring, a fight broke out then a bloke threatened to kill me!!

Street near the centre.

Plaza de Armas - centre of Santiago.

Here I'm enjoying a beer and reading my kindle...

...then there's an argument at the door between a couple who were eating at a table close to mine and the staff. The woman then starts slapping a waitress! Two policemen on horseback just happened to be going past at the time.


Nothing came of it, the couple reluctantly parted with cash that they seemed to think wasn't theirs to pay and they walked off.


Next thing this bloke appears begging. There was a couple at the table directly opposite mine who were leaving at the time. They had almost a full plate of chips, so they tell the bloke he can have them. They get up and leave and he sits down. Here I've given him some small change so I can take his picture, no problem at this point in time!

He was keen to show this tattoo off. After he finished the chips he proceeded to put the knife and fork into his pocket. There was a waitress on the other side of me at the time so I told her, this is when he said he was gonna kill me!!

About 36 hours later. I'd flown from Santiago to Panama, then on to the Dominican Republic, then on to Frankfurt. In Frankfurt I had to travel 100kms by bus to another airport before flying to Lanzarote - this picture taken from the bus...

...the last time I'd seen snow was at 4600 metres above sea level in Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment